Disability Services and Programs provides support services and accommodations necessary to enable students with disabilities to develop their maximum academic potential, by making their education accessible, while having the dignity to work independently.
As part of the Division of Student Affairs, DSP is dedicated to fostering the independence of students with disabilities. This primary focus on mainstreaming and self-advocacy encourages students with disabilities to achieve and maintain a high level of autonomy in the campus community.
While we provide personal and administrative support, our philosophy encourages students to take responsibility for their academic and co-curricular activities.
DSP Services Include…
- Assistance in providing readers, scribes, notetakers and/or interpreters.
- Special accommodations for test taking needs.
- Assistance with architectural barriers.
- Assistance in obtaining books and supplies from the University Bookstore.
- Information regarding accessible seating at USC sporting events.
- Auxiliary aid equipment loans.
- Assistive Technology.
- Support for individual needs that are unique to a student’s disability.
If you have any questions regarding these services please feel free to contact us at (213) 740-0776.